Here is how I do my coupons now. I take my binder everywhere I go!! It is always in my car. That way they are always where I am. I got the binder categories here. PYP has a lot of good examples of coupon binders and some that you can even buy all made up for you.
I start again with all 5 coupon packets of each brand.
I start again with all 5 coupon packets of each brand.
Then I staple the coupons together. I just do this so it is easier to cut out. Also this way you get all 5 done at the same time. Just make sure not to staple over the expiration date or the bar code.
And this is the mess that I get to clean up!! lol It takes me about 1/2 hour for this process. I do it on Sunday afternoons while my kids are taking a nap. That way it is done for the week.
Once my coupons are clipped I get out this beauty!! I got this binder at Walmart. It is sturdy and zips up. This feature is huge!! You don't want all of your coupons falling out at the store. Not a pretty sight. Your binder also needs to be durable. All your coupons get quite heavy and will go everywhere.
This is the front of my binder. I have a calculator, scissors, and a pen in this pencil case. These pencil cases are only $1.00 at Walmart.
This is what the binder pages look like. I just got baseball card holders. Some of the coupons need to be folded in order to fit but most snuggle in good. I got these holders at Target. They were at the front of the store. They are kind of tricky to find so just ask if you can't find them right away.
In the front of the binder are some pockets. In the pockets I keep bigger coupons and all the stores weekly ads.
I know that this may seem like a lot of work but it has really saved me time on preparing for my grocery shopping. I make my lists, go to my binder, pull out the coupons, done!! They are already all cut for me. Each week when I put in my new coupons, I just take out the ones that are expired.Here are the categories:
REBATES: (this first page is where I put anything that is free with mail in rebate. I also put restaurant coupons here)
BABY(Diapers, wipes, snacks, baby food, formula)
BREAD/CEREAL (Cereal, granola bars, breakfast foods, breads, chips/crackers, rice/pasta)
CLEANERS(Floor cleaners, dish cleaners, laundry, bathroom, standard, air fresheners)
DAIRY(cheese, butter/oil, yogurt, misc. dairy)
DESSERT(cookies, frozen dessert, cake/brownie mix, fruit/jello/pudding, drinks, candy, baking goods)
MEAT (poultry, lunchmeat, seasonings/sauces, breakfast meat, misc. meat)
MEDICINE (cold/allergy, pain relievers, misc)-You could add more categories-these are the only ones I keep coupons for
MISC (Sauces/salsa/ketchup,canned goods, frozen goods, salads/dressing, Pets, misc foods, misc household)
PAPER GOODS (kleenex/garbage bags, plates/paper towels, toilet paper, foils/wraps/containers)
PERSONAL HYGIENE (Facial cleansers, Body Wash, Lotion, Toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, Deodorant, shaving, Makeup, hair care, misc hygiene
I found that it is easier for me to separate food and non-food items. I hope this post helped a couple of you in organizing your coupons. Happy Shopping!!
Coming Next: Pictures of my food storage and pantry.






5 comments:
Thanks for the binder tips! I am going to get one on Monday and have all my stuff ready for the Wednesday shopping. I appreciate all the help. You are a grocery goddess!!!
This is soooo nice!! I'm def keeping your blog in mind! I work in a School and one of the Students in the class I work in has this exact same binder from Walmart! I had to check her's out and it's pretty nice!
So do you cut out every coupon or just those that you might use?
I cut most coupons. I don't do the ones that I absolutely won't use like fiber medicine or depends! lol Everything else I cut out. I didn't at first but found a couple that since it was free I would have got that product. Make sense? Hope so.
I just got the binder and baseball card sheet protectors. I cut out all of the coupons I might use and have them organized like you do. I am ready to go. I had it all nice and organized in the hanging files but felt like I was missing out on so many coupons!!! Thanks Again!
Post a Comment